Re: [MV] Mule Skinners

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 06:48:03 PDT

>1. What is the single strap that goes on the engine guard used for?

That's for the 106 gun. Has something to do with strapping down the swing
clamp that holds the barrel, that is to say when the barrel is NOT stowed
(meaning in use) then the the clamp assembly swings or drops down and this
strap holds it. Bill Watson showed me this on his gun mule (now sold) this
summer as I had had the same question.

>2. Where can I get the correct strap AND footman's loop? Repro is just
>fine with me.

Part of the gun kit I assume. Speaking of the gun kit, there is a large bag
that straps behind the seat that is very handy for putting things in, like a
battery for example.

>3. What is the best/correct paint for an A2 which was in USMC service
>and who should I get it from?

I was told that the USMC Forrest Green semi-gloss was. I don't have the
paint number handy. I got mine from House of Color back when they used to
advertise in MV, I've also been told that the Rapco paint is also correct
but I'm no expert when it comes to the paint issue.

good luck,

je