Importing SUSV from US to Canada

From: Jae Redfern (jae7@nunanet.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2001 - 13:35:29 PDT

I've spent the last month trying to cost out the running of an ex-US
military Hagglund BV206 and have just spent the last four business
days getting the run around the Canadian bureaucracy.
As of today, my desire to import a BV just came to a screeching halt
when told that Canadians are unable to import any ex-military
vehicles that are LESS than 15 years old.
If a BV was 16 years old there would be no problem. If it was 14
years old it's a no go.
Based on the amount of conflicting information I've been given by the
Customs & Excise departments and Transport canada I'm left wondering
*why* this is and if there's any way around it.
Is anyone on this list experienced in importing MVs to canada and be
able to help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance,
Jae