Re: [MV] trailer

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 06:35:36 PDT

    Those are the 5 ton trailers for the Stewart Stevenson FMTV truck,
which are built down in Houston (at least according to the Dealer Plate in
the photos) . The nomenclature is : "Trailer, Cargo, 5 Ton: MTV, M-1095". I
took a bunch of pictures at Ft.Lee of the truck and trailer combo. Go here:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=983904&a=13535386

 and the photos you want to check out are pics 50 through 70.
    Your mission, Jumpmaster, if you choose to accept it, is to do a
complete photo recon of the manufacturing facility and report back to the
list at your earliest convenience (seeing you are a bit closer to their neck
of the woods than I am). Heck, you could probably contact their PR shop and
get a tour of the facility and then whip it into an article for MV Magazine
or Army Motors.
    You could see your name up there in type, right there alongside MV List
greats such as David Doyle, David Ahl, Colin Macgregor Stevens and Daryl
Bensinger .
    Opportunity is knocking, Jumpmaster!!!

;-) Ron