Re: [MV] FOIA (was Re: [MV] M-816)

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 04:08:57 PDT

"J. Forster" wrote:

> As a first step, find out what your state has for a public records law.

There does not appear to be a state law issue here. IMHO, Bloxome is
dealing with a local ordinance of the city of College Station, TX. If
she wants to dig dirt on local officials a public records search can be
performed for about $50/ report by any competent private investigation
agency, or she can go herself to the county courthouse and review suits
against the city and the public officials individually. Court cases are
public records.

> Be careful. The issue of selective enforcement (or non-enforcement) is a
> slippery slope. A judge might just see it as "discretion" on their part. You
> could get screwed.

I would agree with J, here. I would simply focus on my good looking,
fully operational vehicle sitting in my clean driveway and argue to the
City Attorney that it does not meet the definition of a "Junk Vehicle".
I feel that the CA will tell the Fire Marshall to back of.

My two cents,
Mel Miller
2 X M725
Licensed Texas Private Investigator