Re: [MV] M35A2 woes

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 07:53:47 PDT

You could have white smoke as unburned diesel is blown out the exhaust.
I've seen this when starting my truck in serious cold. The cylinders come
to life one at a time. Before the whole chorus is running together the
smoke contains unburned diesel fuel which will be white.

Generally folks don't talk about diesels running rich. Since there is no
mixture control. Air goes in and enough fuel is added to obtain the desired
operating speed at the current load. The condition you are referring to is
over-fueling. This does produce gobs of power but does little to enhance
the longevity of the powerplant.

Hope this helps,
-=-