Re: [MV] Possibly OT: Opinions, please?? Local "code enforcement" idiots t...

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 17:49:46 PDT

Greetings list,

If Texas is anything like Florida, the insurance companies are required by
law to report anyone who cancels his insurance to the Highway Patrol so
they can come and pick up the tag from the auto. This law has been in
effect for many years but it wasn't until a couple of years ago that they
started to take an interest in making the insurance guys comply.

The idea about the POS car to park in their midst brings back an incident
that made the paper here a couple of years ago. A guy in one of those big
cities down on the south east coast, Ft Lauderdale I think, was a
contractor and lived in a condo. The condo association had a rule that no
trucks were allowed in their parking lot. After a long and fruitless
attempt to convince them that the truck (a new ford F-250) was not an
eyesore, he decided to go to war. He got a '73 Dodge Monaco wagon and
painted it camo and painted "War Wagon" on the side of it in Big Yellow
Letters. After about 6 months of seeing this in their parking lot and not
being able to do anything about it, they gave in and let him have the truck
as long as he got rid of the Dodge. The moral of the story....if you do
your homework, you can cause them more pain and misery than it is worth to
them to screw with you.

Best of luck with the mustang!

Jim (KB4IVH)
aMVPA #17216