Importing M29c Weasel from Canada to US

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 21:40:31 PDT

Hi all,

Anybody had recent experience with importing a WWII era non-armored US
Army vehicle from Canada to the US? I am looking at bringing Weasel #9
home from our neighbors to the north. It is in a very sorry state, but
cheap enough that it is worth it for me to import for parts. Heck... I
might take another one the guy has if I can figure out how to transport
both in one go.

I plan on having it transported by truck to a nearby border crossing
where I can pick it up with my own truck. So here are my questions:

1. Do I need any paperwork before hand? (Form6?)
2. If so, is it actually possible to get it? (Form6 problems?)
3. Should I pick it up on the Canadian side or the US side of the border?
4. With NAFTA in place, do I need to pay anything for moving it over The
Line?
5. Anything else worthy of consideration here?

Thanks!!!

Steve