RE: [MV] Bounced Emails, mil-veh.org,@skylee,com & @uller.skylee.com

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@gte.net)
Date: Sat Sep 01 2001 - 11:33:04 PDT

Mel,

The problem is an incomplete or improper registration of the mailserver
"mil-veh.org". Some routers have it and others don't. From what you said,
AT&T has it. I use GTE/Verizon and they don't have it. If your router has
it, it is probably because it is "self learning" and remembered the correct
IP address after it did a manual web wide search the first time. Every time
I forget and reply to mil-veh.org, it takes twenty-four or more hours for my
router to do a network-wide search and find the correct IP address. My
postings by then are meaningless because of the timeliness issue. Often, my
posts get returned to me as undeliverable several days later. I have seen
the same behavior repeatedly on other ISPs, so this is not just a GTE
problem.

Skylee.com, on the other hand, is properly registered and I can sit and
watch my postings come back in the same sitting when sent to this address.
I have sent email directly to Arthur about this without response. Anybody
in this industry knows how to correct this problem. The registration
information for mil-veh.org and skylee.com are available at
www.networksolutions.com under whoisit. Unfortunately, the general public
cannot look up specifics of why the registration is flawed. Otherwise, one
of us would have probably fixed it by now (this has been a problem for a
long time).

And by the way, if you are using a MAC, yes, you ARE a Luddite of sorts.

Joe Garrett
cell 425-344-1402