Re: [MV] Luck and Damned Luck, the morning after

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Sun Sep 02 2001 - 13:40:26 PDT

My .02 cents worth

The replies that suggest something could/should have been done differently -
in my opinion have never been in this situation -- check with your local
high school drivers Ed about reaction time. Driver did not even have
seconds from time auto appeared until he had hit it. Been there / done that.

I once saw a person try to beat a school bus from a 4 way stop. I was
behind car - bus stopped - car did not - before car could clear intersection
bus had hit it - and bus was stopped when car decided that he could get
across before school bus could get started. - Loaded bus - standard
transmission - hit car in passenger door. Bumper on bus stopped at steering
wheel on car. Bus was not going 5 mph when it hit car -- I got on bus
before it was moved and you could not see car from drivers seat of bus. -
This was standard long nose Intl. school bus. Damage to bus - scratched
bumper -- auto - total loss.

And this bus bumper no way was a high off ground as bumper on 5 ton truck.

My son was passed on shoulder by a full size Dodge van as he attempted a
right turn in deuce and half air compressor truck. Dodge went to scrap
yard - had to replace bumper on deuce.