Tribute to Veterans

From: Mel Miller (nourmahal@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 04:24:44 PDT

Howdy List!

I am posting this invitation to the list for the local BNB outlet.
Please reply to them at the contact points listed below. Awareness of
the armed forces role in our nation has grown a lot here recently and
books on WW II, Vietnam, and Desert storm have been selling well ( 'The
Fool Lieutenant', the story of local hero Bob Edlin, a Lt. in Rudders
Rangers on D Day, has been flying off the shelves). Accordingly, the
store decided to organize a Tribute to Veterans on the local level with
authors available to sign their books.

Disclaimers: I have no connection with BNB except my lounging around in
their cushy chairs prerusing the latest offerings while sipping
Starbucks (TM) lattes! Oh, I also think Bob Edlin is the greatest Silver
Star winner I have ever met.

    Barnes and Noble Booksellers, Corpus Christi, Texas will be hosting
tribute to all of our veterans of all services on Sunday 11 November
2001 at 14:30. We invite veterans, their families, reenactors, military
vehicle collectors, and the public to join us in celebrating the Armed
Services this Veterans' Day. Come listen to the Corpus Christi Veterans
Band and guest speakers.
     We are soliciting people to participate with the loan of uniforms
,militaria, and military vehicles for static displays at the store to
help make this a memorable event for all.
     The point of contact is Janis Haas, Community Relations Manager at
Barnes and Noble, Corpus Christi. Ms. Haas may be reached at the numbers
below.
               (361)992-1339 or by email at < crm2818@bn.com >

Mel Miller
2 X M725