[MV] For sale...M35A2 w/w and M813A1 w/w

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 11:24:46 PDT

List,
I have decided to reshuffle the deck. I got the itch to play with some new toys, specifically a nice M923A2 and another, yet to be named, deuce. To make room (and to pay for my new toys), I need to sell two trucks.

1979 M813A1 (dropside) w/w
This truck is immaculate. It is really tight. I have never seen a nicer 5 ton cargo. If you want pics, let me know. For those of you who know Joe Young, feel free to contact him for his opinion. He was so impressed with my M813A1 that he went out and got one for himself...seriously! I have driven the truck four hours back and forth to North Carolina from Maryland on three occasions. It is a strong running truck. I was offered an M817 by John Murray in trade (according to John, his M817 was clean, too). He was asking $17,000 for the M817. I was not interested in trading due to my recent acuisition of the M929. Hopefully, this will give you an idea of the truck I am offering.
*NHC250 Cummins engine (clean).
*approximately 12,000 miles (speedometer was replaced by military) and 440 hours.
*no rust or dents (not even rust repairs).
*10 new (not surplus) matching Fidelity tires, with 80% spare.
*new tan vinyl cab top.
*cab heater.
*correct fiberglass dropside troop seats.
*newly recovered seats (fresh New Life Resources canvas).
*fresh tan 686A CARC paint, which was applied after the truck was completely sandblasted and primed.
*correct stenciling.
*new windshields.
*new (not surplus) metal windshield wiper motors.
*all pioneer rack tools.
*NOS 5 gallon fuel can.
*oil and filters changed; fuel filter changed; all lubes replaced.
*all wheel seals have been replaced.
*located in Maryland.
*$16,000...make me a reasonable offer.

1971 M35A2 w/w
This is my baby. Why am I getting rid of it? I have two garage spots. This truck currently occupies one, the M813A1 the other. When I get the M923A2 and the M929 makes it way to Maryland (it is in North Carolina getting sandblasted and repainted with fresh CARC -- that's how I like my trucks...perfect), both trucks move out of the garage. I just can't see my baby sit outside, although she did for most of the last 30 years. This truck is also super tight. This truck was originally purchased from Joe Young in July 1999. I have had it since. He could also speak about this truck. I honestly don't want to sell the truck. In fact, monetarily, I probably could do without selling it. However, I can't see this truck sitting outside. It may sit outside at your house, but I can't see it. It would tear me apart.
*LDT4651C engine.
*airshift front axle, air-ride seat.
*23,000 miles, 820 hours.
*I had the transmission rebuilt by a professional heavy truck repair garage. This was not a military rebuild. Anything that was worn was replaced. The transmission shifts like it is new.
*When the transmission was out, a new clutch, pressure plate and throw-out bearing were installed (approx. 5,000 miles ago).
*I had the same garage replace all gaskets on the engine with the latest gasket set (engine, manifold, water pump, etc.). This is what is done during the engine overhaul, only it was done in 1999, not 5, 10 or 15 years ago.
*rust and dent free.
*new vinyl 3 color cab top.
*heater.
*both doors and fenders are NOS. The doors honestly shut like a car.
*freshly sandblasted, primed and repainted in 3 color camo using only CARC.
*NOS front and rear metal composite lights.
*correct fiberglass troop seats.
*new windshields.
*tires are 80% or better, including the spare.
*NOS 5 gallon fuel can.
*oil and filters changed; fuel filter changed; all lubes replaced.
*all wheel seals have been replaced.
*I have new seat covers from New Life Resources, but they have not yet been installed. The seats are currently faded but are not ripped.
*located in Maryland.
*$8,000...firm.

I will be sending pics of both trucks to Joe, who has agreed to post the pics on his web site. If you want more information, please feel free to email me directly or else check Joe's web site. www.joeyoung.com

Bruce

1971 M35A2 w/w
1972 M35A2C w/w
1973 M275A2