Help Need With Jeep Identification

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 20:17:55 PDT

Hello List.
I came across an old military jeep today that has some "different" markings
and designs

It is definitely a Willys the engine is stamped MB
It is basically complete.
The readable markings are USMC

It has an PTO that comes up through a cast form fitting plate just behind
the 3 shift levers.

This cast plate opens up to reveal a lever and a pulley for a belt drive up
into the space between the two front seats.

I'm told that this PTO operated the large belt driven generator that ran the
powerful radios that were onboard.
I'm also told that this jeep was designated as a
"USMC MV Communications vehicle." (not MB ...but, MV)

In addition I'm told so far, that this jeep could actually communicate
with ships and other US sites well out to sea or great distances across land
???

The front frame horns are intact and just behind that area one each frame
extension, are two curly hooks very similar like a pigs tail. about 3 inches
high and 4 inches long.

This jeep is restorable and came at a great price $100 + $50 for
transporting. Engine is set up ...the head is off and you can see water
damage.

Original horn.
Also, under hood, grease gun bracket (I think?)

Anyone with more ideas on this find ???

Thanks
Aussie Rob
Upstate NY area.