Re: [MV] Lights and Sirens on MVs (An unpopular view)

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 03:33:27 PDT

Dave,
One can get a ticket in NJ, if not seat belted. Originally, only if pulled
over for another violation, but now you can get pulled over and ticketed
if observed not wearing them. Luckily, we are not required to have or
wear them if the vehicle is tagged Historical. All my HMV's are
tagged Historical vehicle.
Probably owing to what Cougarjack referred to ("fully half of them driven
by blind Leisuretown residents"), NJ enacted a law that when wipers
are on, headlights must be on. Why a law? Doesn't one automatically
turn the lights on when conditions call for it?
Funny thing. As bad as NJ is (drop your guns and rights at the border),
while visiting my friend Bruce Kubu at his family's condo in Ocean City,
MD, last week, the fuse to my cigarette lighter blew and I needed to
charge my cell phone, so I swapped out a fuse. It was daylight, so I
didn't know that I knocked out my tail lights. Coming through my sweet
hometown of nearly half unemployed, I got pulled over that night
by a Bridgeton police officer for not having tail lights. All he did was
inform me of this and told me to put on my hazard lights. No ticket,
no hassle, no nothing! Unreal... Sometimes, life is sweet.
Joe Young