RE: [MV] big CA registration problems!

From: Rich Sherman (richs@volcano.net)
Date: Fri Sep 07 2001 - 19:06:06 PDT

jarrett_l_redd@yahoo.com writes:

<< But the "lovely state of California"
 wants me to take the truck to a CHP office and have a new 17 digit VIN
 generated for it and attached to the engine and frame. >>

Well, if it turns out you have to go the CHP route then good luck. I have
been trying for three months to get the VIN officer in the Jackson, Ca. CHP
office to call me back to make an appointment. Last time I called the lady
recognized my voice. The 'He's in training' or 'He is real busy' excuses are
wearing thin.

I wish they would think through these laws. Seems like all that happens is
the CHP officers get pissed off that they have to do this. I've all but
given up on registering my project!