Re: [MV] Ebay

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 07:07:44 PDT

In <list-1275056@skylee.com>, on 09/10/01
   at 09:54 AM, "Mark J. Blair " <mblair1@home.net> said:

>a.mehlhorn@t-online.de (Andreas Mehlhorn) wrote:
>> Notice that EBAY is a place, where many parts and pieces for historic MVs
>> were offered. Many list members buy and sell MV items at EBAY. So this
>> topic is very well MV related!

>I disagree. The MIL-VEH list is for discussion of topics DIRECTLY related
>to private ownership of historic military vehicles.
>Complaining about Ebay's use of cookies has nothing to do with private
>ownership of historic military vehicles. I have personally bought a lot
>of military vehicle stuff on Ebay, including an M543A2 wrecker, an M561
>Gama Goat, and an M103A3 trailer chassis with an MEP-003A 10kW DED
>generator set as well as countless parts and manuals,

You have just proven how cruicial ebay has been to your enjoyment of this
hobby. Other such MVers should have this same experience, but,
unfortunately, several of us apparently are paranoid about the issue of
cookies/computer security. Lack of basic knowledge fuels this paranoia.
Toward that eventual solution, I hope, I've just begun an off-list
correspondence with the originator(?) of this thread and encouraged him to
share with others who email him.

Anyone with interest in ebay/security should perhaps email the principals
involved and a mini-list on this topic would make for efficiency all
around. I'm not speaking for them but I feel they'll be glad to remove
this traffic from the mv-list while we workup some solutions.

Going off-list.

--
wwd@netheaven.com