weight of Deuce

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 07:27:26 PDT

Deuce needs to be titled- what weights should I give? I'll not include the
equipment van, but just the bare chassis plus a reasonable amount for a
cargo back or small box. So that would make it x pounds, unladen, and
x+plus 2000 pounds loaded. I'm doing this now just to get the titling
process going from day one. For an M185_A2 multi-fuel turbo diesel with a
12 foot bed length and with both rear axles would 12k pounds unloaded, 14k
pounds loaded be a reasonable minimum. I don't want to overstate it and
trigger a category shift into the realm of 'huge'. Nor do I want to
severely understate it either.

Guy here just got 'historic' plates for a tractor (M275_A3) using those
weights, but he had removed one of the rear axles, the wheel plate and
launch plates, and his rails are only 9 to 10 feet long. So maybe I'd
better go with 14k/17k to be more realistic.

My dashboard gives: Payload- 5k, Ft axle-6110, int axle-7845, rear axle
7845 and then a bottom line of 21,800 lbs (off-road). This makes no sense,
since without the van box (5000 lbs) the GVW = 21,800. [uses calculator]
Ok, this checks out at 21,800 with no box, empty running chassis. But
those axle ratings are obviously 'gross'. Anyone guess what my actual
would be?

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com