On topic Terrorist Attacks

From: Richard Lathrop (lathrrs@snip.net)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 11:41:05 PDT

I just got back online after our connection went out here at work and was going through the emails that have come over about the attack. I have to go against those of you who do not think that this is an on topic discussion.

I agree we are at a life even destinty defining event in our lives and in our countries future . Where we as a country decide to go after today will have a big impact on our ability to own and preserve military vehicles.

The Congress and the Federal agencies are going to start clamping down and clamping down hard after today on our liberties and our rights.

The new mantra is going to be no more World Trade Towers and Pentagons. I will be willing to bet that the FBI and other agencies be given a wider leway when in comes to invasions of your privacy.

Think a Form 6 for importation of armor is every going to occur again? Highly doubtful after today.

Terrorism always has an effect out of proportion to the those who commit these acts can do individually. As of 2:35 EST we now have evacuated most schools and buildings, evacuated most major cities and effectively shut down our communications infrastructer in order to find out more news.

As Ron said never thought I would see Combat Air Patrols over US cities.

Mandatory military vehicle content? Everything is now a military vehcile.

Rick