Re: [MV] Manual

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@home.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 07:54:56 PDT

Thanks Joe. Do you think the valves on an old REO engine like this will
work with unleaded gas? I had the engine on my '53 Chevy 3/4 ton
rebuilt 10 years ago: the mechanic suggested replacing the original
head with 'hardened' heads to help with the 'new' unleaded gas.

    Paul

Paul,
Unless the truck was upgraded, it has a gas engine in it. The multifuel
is designed to run on gas, kerosene and various grades of diesel, but
I only use diesel #2 in mine. More btu's and lubricating qualities.
Joe Young