Re: [MV] WTC building design

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2001 - 16:56:33 PDT

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001 19:40:57 -0400, you wrote:
>If the building was designed to withstand an aircraft impact, did the designers
>assume the aircraft would arrive with empty fuel tanks?

In past airplane collisions like the Empire State crash, the plane
either glanced off or went right through the building.

The WTC planes had full tanks and remained buried in the building.

I've been designing commercial buildings for twenty years, and I don't
know of a way to design a building to withstand that kind of heat.
Especially not one 110 stories tall.