Reality check......

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 15:56:46 PDT

People,
At the risk of continuing a thread that we (and the world) will beat to
death in the weeks and months to come.
(I wish we could let it drop, it has little to do with HMVs).
I want to comment on this:

  <snip> "I am a veteran. I would rather be a dead idiot than a dead
coward."

Overall the people spoken of are not cowardly, they simple could not
imagine, and so are unprepared.
Someone, we don't know who yet, just gave us a reality check.
The comparison to Pearl Harbor is being made in the press.
I'm sorry, I find it offensive.
Pearl was a military target, with a certain level of expectation of attack.
WTC, and the planes were not.

Despite the fact that we knew this would come, we as a people talked about
it, our authors wrote about it, none of us really believed it would happen.
"We have people to take care of that.....!" "Don't we?......."

Ask your self, and I really don't need the answer.
But you do,
"if I am on a plane, in a mall, where ever, when ever, do I want an even
shot?".
If you don't realize the reality of the question, if you deny it, if our
society denies it...
The beast may well NOT have miscalculated.
I think as a nation, a people, a world society, we now may face a defining
moment.

I have a phrase I use, "The politic of the AK47".
The basic meaning is this,
1. In general world society people want to be feed and not at risk of
immanent death.
2. In most of the world a large group can be controlled by a small group if
they are kept ignorant and in fear of their life.
3. If 2 can be accomplished, the larger group can be milked by the smaller
to expand both groups.
 This is a basic outline of an old and simple concept.

The counter is
1. the population has to be educated enough to understand their individual
potential.
2. they must have the tools to defend themselves.
3. they must have the motivation to provide for their own defense.

The paths have converged to bring the "Politic of the AK47" into our world
from that realm where it rules.
If we are unwilling or unable to face the idea, that it is OUR
responsibility NOW, as it always was.
If we hide our heads, and "let our people handle it".

We will NOT have the counter.

In the counter, 1, 2, and 3 came together in a plane over Pittsburgh, just a
little bit late.
They saved lives and became heroes.

In the plane that hit the Pentagon, 2, was in place and they did not know
it, 1, was just missed, she asked "what do I tell the Pilot?"
If ever 3 came, it came too late.

By reports, on the way to New York, a man with his wife and 3 year old
daughter called his father and said "....don't worry about us, it will be
quick......" ....no counter.

You NEED the answer NOW, what does it mean to YOU, NOW.

Not just in the US, but in the world.
NOT yesterday but NOW.

I don't need your answer..... YOU do!

In the end my comment is this, "Its not cowardice, its ignorance" and some
lessons are hard to learn.

God Bless us all, the time IS now.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
416 S 4th St