Re: [MV] Late comments on WTC attacks

From: Edward Greeley (etgreeley@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 23:16:56 PDT

Group:

It is obvious that this discussion has drifted far afield from the
purpose of the MV NG.

I made a post, in response to another, which has engendered a
considerable number of bigoted responses, both on the NG and privately,
accusing -me- of being bigoted. So be it. I will defend my position to
anyone who cares to challenge it. Others have expressed views similar to
mine. I imagine that they might care to continue the discussion, as do
I. Still others have expressed views diametrically opposed to mine,
simply because they didn't read, have unalterably opposed views, or
because I did not express my views clearly enough. In the interest of
"peace and harmony" on the NG, however, I believe the discussion should
be taken private. In other words, "get the hell off the news group!"

I do not regret anything I have stated publicly, and would not have
stated my comments publicly if I felt they were inappropriate or
incorrect, but this NG is not the place to discuss socio-political
subjects.

Any further comments which I have on this subject will be addressed
privately, with "CC" copies to those who seem to be interested.

Thanks,
Ed Greeley