Re: [MV] Late comments on WTC attacks

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 08:00:09 PDT

In <list-1289473@skylee.com>, on 09/14/01
   at 11:00 AM, Edward Greeley <etgreeley@worldnet.att.net> said:

>Group:

>It is obvious that this discussion has drifted far afield from the
>purpose of the MV NG.

>I made a post, in response to another, which has engendered a
>considerable number of bigoted responses, both on the NG and privately,
    <<snpg>>
> In the interest of "peace and
>harmony" on the NG, however, I believe the discussion should be taken
>private. In other words, "get the hell off the news group!"
    <<snpg>>
, but this NG is not the place to discuss socio-political
>subjects.

>Thanks,
>Ed Greeley

Earth to Ed:

It ain't a newsgroup! It is an email List, meaning that every lister gets
every message. Thus we should keep it short & sweet and realise that you
don't own a thread just 'cause you started it. Thus you don't have to
moderate the thread, which should be a relief to you. Thus no need to
repeat your position ad infinitum.

If it was a newsgroup (Usenet) there would be no need for such civilised
restraints and one could flame away at will, since filtering is much
easier on Usenet and readers can select only those threads or articles
they choose. Besides it is grand tradition on Usenet.

In a List one should try to only post genuine responses to a thread,
rather than 'me-too's', of course, but puhlese, trim those posts and no
html. (general comment).

At least the List has no spam or spamm_ads, rather it is all
human-generated and all good; I'm grateful for that. I think the List is
doing fine, and the same sort of stuff would have been here just after
Pearl Harbor.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com