Actual MV content(hauling from Missouri to Seattle)

From: King (landy@pacificcoast.net)
Date: Tue Jan 11 2000 - 11:08:54 PST

Thanks to those with suggestions for the hauling but I had already looked
into the regular or normal methods of transport of goods and nothing was
reasonable.To give you a comparison-I am looking to get 15 Gamma Goat tires
moved from Missouri to Seattle.Some are for my project and some are for 2
other guys here in the MV club for their projects.I am trying to somehow
make this work.UPS won't take the tires because they are to big.UPS
freight(trucking) will take them and so will some other trucking outfits I
called but they were all about $800 to $900US dollars in rates.I find this
gouging.I can get 1800 pounds(3 pallets) delivered from Vancouver to
Montreal(which is twice the distance from Missouri to Seattle)for about $600CDN.
Is there not any more reasonable courriers in the US? or trucking
companies?or even private?
I'll even settle for delivery to Spokane area if need be.
Andre