Re: [MV] Nostradamus

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 14:27:24 PDT

Greetings list,

The Nostradamus quote is an urban legend. Last night my wife got out her
copy of "Nostradamus: The Complete Prophecies" by John Hogue and looked
through all 900+ pages of it and couldn't find anything that even came
close to the quote. Not only that, she saw that Nostradamus couldn't have
written anything in 16xx because he died 2 July 1566. Today she did a
search through www.dogpile.com and found a reference to it under the Urban
Legends web site:

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/weekly/aa091101b.htm?iam=dpile&terms=%
2B%22while+the+fortress+endures%22

We all need to be very careful to verify what we hear before spreading any
news.

Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA #17216