Brake idea

From: Brian Leffler (leffield@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2001 - 03:15:42 PDT

Dave and List,

While in the process of doing some much needed duece
work and in the process propping up the Ibuprophin
market, (more to come on this adventure) i got to
thinking of a brake system upgrade for my M211's.

Now the brakes on my trucks will put your nose
intimately close to the windshield in quick order but
it is still a single circut system. Part of what I
was fixing was a leaky brake cylinder that with its
associated loss of fluid compromised the whole system.
It occurred to me that since the truck has 2 wheel
cylinders per wheel why would it not be possible to
retrofit a twin resovoir mastercylinder and replumb
the brake lines in such a way the on master cylinder
chamber runs the top wheel cylinder at each location
and the other cylinder runs the bottom? If a
compatable master cylinder can be found and fitted,
this seems like a fairly easy way to improve the
safety level of the brake system especially if you
operate your truck offroad when snagging a brakeline
is a risk.

I am very open to comments and suggestions.

Brian
52 GMC M211 w/w
54 GMC M211 w/w

=====