Re: [MV] "Handshake" label

From: A762x54mm@aol.com
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 07:33:24 PDT

In a message dated 9/16/01 5:12:07 AM Central Daylight Time,
jeepers@online.no writes:

<< US
 stars along the top, a handshake in the middle, and the red/white
 stripes at the bottom. In connection with a project I'm working on I
 need to know whether this label was used for military aid alone, or also
 for civilian/humanitarian aid (such as Marshall Aid), when it was first
 used, is it still in use today >>

David,

Being a Longshoreman at the Port of Houston, we still see that logo today,
but it appears on 110lbs bags of rice, flour and other ag products bound for
overseas. There is a newer label, USA in big blue letters with two (2) red
stripes over and below the USA........the bags are white.

Gene in Texas