Re: [MV] Brake idea

From: Jim Winne (jwinne@nettally.com)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 18:08:56 PDT

Hi Kenny and list,

As a somewhat related incident, I had a wheel cylinder push rod fracture on
the front left wheel of my M-715 once. I was 10 miles away from home and
had always thought that it would be a disaster if something like this
happened. I found out quickly that the truck downshifted easily and I
could get the speed down to about 5 MPH very quickly and could ease to a
stop from there with the driveline brake. I managed to not only get home
through traffic, but drive it to the brake shop for repair (I didn't know
it was a wheel cylinder at the time). I realize that the whole problem
gets more complicated with an airpack and an automatic tranny as well as a
lot more truck. Good luck with the problem, I hope y'all figure something
our to make it a little less scarry.

best regards,
Jim (KB4IVH)
MVPA# 17216