RE: [MV] Brake idea

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 19:27:46 PDT

I took my M35A2 out yesterday to help out with a CAP training exercise.
On the way home I pulled what I think of as a perfect run.
From the site of the training, about 15 miles from home, back to the meeting
hall and home, I used the brakes only to come to a full stop and shift into
first gear.
I patterned the driving to use the gears completely for speed control, and
never hit the brakes above 5mph.
I do this in the M38 also, although the Honda Civic is geared wrong for this
to work well I do it with that also.
In using old equipment this practice can well save your life if it is habit.

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/
-M35A2- -M38- MVPA -22345-