Re: [MV] An idea

From: Mark J. Blair (mblair1@home.net)
Date: Sun Sep 16 2001 - 20:28:02 PDT

It's clear from the responses to this thread that an outspoken group
of members of this list is not capable of understanding what "DIRECTLY
RELATED TO THE PRIVATE OWNERSHIP OF HISTORIC MILITARY VEHICLES" means.

Asking to keep the group on-topic is NOT the same as ignoring what's
going on in the world. There are plenty of forums dedicated to
non-military-vehicle topics.

I consider myself to be patriotic, I am enraged by the attacks on
September 11, 2001, and I am itching for a fight to eradicate the
terrorists responsible for them, but I have a good enough command of
the English language to understand what "DIRECTLY RELATED" means.

Arthur clearly spelled out the rules for this list, and the majority
of the list traffic lately has blatantly ignored the rules. The other
lists to which I belong have managed to stay on-topic. In some cases,
they have active list managers who act quickly to spank the folks who
lack the self-control to follow the list's charter. Unfortunately,
Arthur is apparently not able to do that at this time, and it appears
that the list is not self-correcting.

My next message will be an email to the appropriate control address to
leave the list. I hope that the list will return to order someday so
that I may re-join it, because it has been a wonderful resource which
has been of great benefit to me, and I have greatly enjoyed helping
out other list members on many occasions.

Y'all are welcome to email me personally about MVs, green radios, or
any other topics of mutual interest. I will remain just as active in
the hobby, and I will actively support my country in this time of
crisis, but I am regretfully forced to leave the MIL-VEH list until
the folks who cannot stay on-topic let the signal-to-noise ratio rise
back up to an acceptable level.

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://www.keyserver.net/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/