Re: [MVlist] Tolerance

From: aussierob (aussierob@odyssey.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 13:19:20 PDT

I agree with TJ Smith.
 WE need to communicate to others even though we've never met, generally
speaking !
We all can choose during these horrible recent events to shut up and not
vent our frustrations... and there is always the delete key. Which key I
sometimes/often use too !

This weekend we had our MVPA chapter meeting at our house.
(We had a very nice day ...more about that at the end of this posting.)

We talked and displayed our vehicles. We enjoyed the sunshine and freedom
and free discussions on this or that feature of our vehicles, and so on .
However, whether or not any individual wanted to talk about the religious
human maggot infested zealots and their recent destruction ... this topic
"still" came up !

Then, the subject would go away and later, it would surface again in
another small pocket of MVers., because, we are still hurting ...and
"some" are hurting more than others !

As for our MONTHLY MEETING we had 10 vehicles which included 3 CJ2A jeeps.
Next to us is a County Park. We had an annual Antique Car Show and Flea
Market, which draws thousamds of people each year !

The public, parks the vehicles on our left side and walks past our nice
Mil-Vehcle display and on into the Car show next to us on the right side of
our property.

We had hundred stop by and enjoy our vehicles.& were able to signon new
members too !
My wife and I put on a corn roast BBQ and all the trimmings.
I also tested the New burner in the old BBQ ( fabricated an old large cast
iron burner from a furnace. I just got tired of buying the crap that they
pass of as stainless steel - rust free - replacement burners ...you know,
the one that rust all too quickly.!!!!)

Finally the allday event was accompanied by a nice smoldering log fire which
not only roasted the corn, but was enjoyed right on into the evening well
after the sun went down

Regards From Aussie Rob
Upstate NY near Syracuse.
42MB Jeep
42MB USMC Communications Jeep
a Gaggle of CJ2As
and one Surrey Jeep with the fringe on top (without the fringe)