contaminated diesel fuel

From: Everette Doyle (194cbteng@pchnet.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 23:20:02 PDT

Does anyone have any feasible ideas how to get anti-freeze out of diesel
fuel????

I have approx. 500 gallons of road diesel that is contaminated with
anti-freeze - some less that 2%. This came our of over-the-road trucks when
an "o" ring at injectors on Cat. engine failed and let coolant into fuel.

I understand that the fuel/water separator/filter has taken the water out
but cannot separate anti-freeze.

I also am very aware that fuel contaminated in this manner will quickly turn
injectors into scrap iron. And even perhaps engine as happened to a friend
of mine today when injectors let fuel into oil; he now has big Cummins with
hole side of block with rod sticking out of it.

I can burn this in my shop heater this winter and I am not willing to take a
chance on my 903 Cummings that is in my M123, with it. However, just
thought someone on list might have some ideas.