Appliction of vehicles to the new law

From: Darrell Shake (armor2@iglou.com)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 09:53:03 PDT

Dear folks, For those of you who dont know it our buisness is the fourth
division of a large law enforcement supply company and we are also a
good sized wholesale and retail firearms buisness. In the last 8 years
weve been involved in many pieces of legislation in the gun industry and
have seen almost every one of the new laws expanded to cover items not
on the list when the legislation was sold to your reps in DC. The real
problem is that these laws are worded loosely ( as is this one ) and
leave holes where other additions can be made. Case in point. The asault
weapons ban spread to include countless weapons that were not shown by
name or wired to a board for the press to broadcast as the ugly weapons
that no civilian would want or need to own. My reason for mentioning
this is simple . Your reps did not in every case know that the bill they
voted for would restrict the sale of many guns and magazines that have
been for sale to the public for decades before and after WW2. I dont
like the wording on what Ive seen so far and even if this administration
assures you that your prized vehicles would not be included if the next
administration doesnt veiw this in the same light the law is still there
and the loose wording will allow them to add your vehicles to the list.
Walk softly my freinds but dont turn your back . Darrell.