RE: [MV] Canvas preservative

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Sep 20 2001 - 12:41:20 PDT

Linseed oil can spontaneously combust as it dries, one would have to be
fairly cautious, and I suppose it could stiffen up.
I have used either and bees wax as a bare metal coating to prevent rust and
make surfaces slick, a very light oil in this mix might work.
On the Thompson's, I wonder if the fume level is the problem.

rikk