Re: [MV] They're Coming to Take It Away, Part II

From: Ryan M Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 09:00:07 PDT

At 12:44 AM -0400 9/21/01, islander wrote:

>The gun makers have done none of this. They make things that are
>designed to kill/harm. Otherwise known as a WEAPON. So since that is
>their ONLY function (from a design standpoint), when a gun kills/harms
>someone which is on the correct end (i.e. in front of the barrel's exit
>point), the gun is in fact working correctly. No gun ads pitching their
>weapons to children, nor pretending that their products are not harmfull.
> Yet guns do include a number of safety features, and so far as I know no
>gun manufacturer in my memory has been branded as having sold a gun that
>was inherently unsafe (i.e. pull the trigger, gun explodes in hand). In

There have been some problem firearms in the past. These are quickly
found by the industry (distributors, reviewing bodies, shooters, etc)
and noted as having problems. There was a revolver some years back
that still didn't have a mechanical disconnect to prevent a blow to
the hammer from discharging the round under the hammer. These were
noted as being a problem and something to be very aware of. More
recently I've heard of some issues with some of the South African
pistols. Vektor I think is the one.

--
--
- Ryan Montieth Gill             ----------           SW1025 H -