Re: [MV] Posting

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 11:53:12 PDT

Hi...

>I have tried to post a message with a link to my URL for listers to view a few pix of my vehicles. I get a return message that this forum only accepts text, and will not accept my message. Am I doing something wrong, or will the list not accept a message with an "http//" link attached?

Just post it by pasting the TEXT of the link into your message. Just
select the address or URL from your web browser when you are at the
web page you want to let us know about, then paste it as plain text
into your email body like this:

  http://www.cucv.net/5-day-forecast.jpg

If you try to attach the web page to your message, it will indeed get
stripped off....this is because this list server is set up to prohibit
all attachments (good!).

Thanks.

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 Cubic Inch Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net