About the media - flags, jeep, etc.

From: JaxInCalifornia@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 20:42:20 PDT

Once upon a time, back in my old cop days I was after this serial killer. He
was killing tramps who were riding the rails. He had got about 5 tramps when
I found a lead in a magazine story about the Bo's riding rails by this guy
who spent months with them. I tracked down the author before his editor
could warn him not to talk and I got the information I needed. Not enough to
solve the crime, but it definitely helped. He was a nice guy .. unlike the
editor I spoke too who was a rude jerk.

The next call I received was from a high power NY lawyer working for Time
magazine telling me to back off and denied me permission to speak to the
writer, even threatened me with a lawsuit. Once this she-devil lawyer was
done I told her... uh, too late lady, I already got it! Then I said words to
the effect, people are dying and you are obstructing me while I try to save
lives and you only care about CYA, what a humanitarian you are! I think I
closed with a, "Screw you and your law firm." My point is, this behavior
as we have seen with the flags on lapels is not uncommon with the media.
I've been on both sides of the news and my take is most of them are ruthless
liberal scum concerned only about ratings and making a buck, doing the right
thing for good cause rarely comes up in their decisions. I am sorry to say
I did broadcasting with an ABC affiliate too....#$%#!

As for Mil-Veh content here, my Laplander jeep just got 2nd place at the
Concours d' elegance this year. One judge told me as an aside, "This is the
most interesting vehicle I have seen in 22 years of judging." I think he
just liked it because he was a Volvo nut. However on the whole the crowd
liked the jeep a lot, so did the National Guard guys who were in a Hummer
next to me. We talked about mil-vehs and our situation with vehicles being
crushed, etc.... they were very sympathetic.

Cheers,

Jack

PS Al.. jeep pics are coming, little trouble getting them!