Re: [MV] About the media - flags, jeep, etc.

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 21:59:08 PDT

Hi Jack,

>I've been on both sides of the news and my take is most of them are ruthless
>liberal scum concerned only about ratings and making a buck, doing the right
>thing for good cause rarely comes up in their decisions.

Ah... Capitalism, ain't its core just warm and fuzzy? :-) Kinda funny to
see the word "liberal" with something that is generally associated with
hard core right of center thinking. But in my opinion, both sides of the
same coin are rather clueless in their own way :-)

OK, now you have to tell us... did someone catch the murdering bastard?

Obligatory MV content...

>As for Mil-Veh content here, my Laplander jeep just got 2nd place at the
>Concours d' elegance this year. One judge told me as an aside, "This is the
>most interesting vehicle I have seen in 22 years of judging."

Laplanders are cool :-) My local PD Chief and County Sheriff have both
joked about finding SOME reason to "impound" my Pinzgauer. A couple of
weeks ago my wife told the Chief to "keep your hands of of it, that's
mine. Take one of his other vehicles if you must" :-) They are good men
and it has become a bit of an inside joke between us. They REALLY love
the little bugger, as does 99.9% of the people who have seen it. Guess
folks up here appreciate things that are practical, not based on the
color of the paintjob.

Steve