[MV] Weasel Track Repair

From: Chris Endel (stormchaser@cox-internet.com)
Date: Tue Sep 25 2001 - 21:06:01 PDT

Hey list,

Been working on my M-29 Weasel and I'm about ready to start repairing the
tracks. I know of Russ Morgan and his repair kits but do not want to
purchase them. I want to take my time, even if we're talking a year or
longer, and repair my tracks myself. Just the type of person I am. I did
research the kits Russ offers and found them to be very good (probably the
best option currently available) and reasonably priced. I just want to be
able to know that I fixed my tracks. I have researched most sites on the
internet talking about track repair and I researched the mil-veh.org
archives to gather all information I need except one thing. Does anyone
have an accurate measurement of the spacing between the grouser plates.
Either from edge of one grouser to the edge of the next, or from rivet to
rivet (these rivets being the ones used to hold the band clamp onto the
grouser). This is my biggest sticking point and one where I will spend
extreme caution to be as exact as possible. If anyone has a repaired track,
new track, or used track in good condition I would appreciate ANY estimates
on this dimension. The more I get the better average I can get. Maybe
someone even has a publication of some sort that has these figures listed.
Again, any help appreciated.

Thanks again,

Chris Endel
stormchaser@cox-internet.com