RE: [MVlist] Fwd: Section 10620f bill S.1416 rev 2

From: Rikk Rogers (rkltd@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 13:39:16 PDT

Bob,
The problem with this is that it gives the DoD the ability to 1, collect
what they have sold in the past in good faith.
And 2, change the list at any time, and collect what they want.

As it is written, it covers ALL military firearms.
It covers my M35A2 Deuce, and my M38 jeep.
If in the future we have a situation where the government wishes to collect
"whatever" they can change the list and do it.
As the list is written now, not only are Historic collectors at risk,
loggers that use 6X6 2&1/2 ton and 5 ton trucks are also at risk.
People that have restored M151 class jeeps for collections are also at risk.

This law was defeated once before, it was "snuck" in in the currant bill,
and is deliberately vague.

You tell me, Why would they want a vague law?!

I am CCing this to a major collectors group where I heard of your views, you
may well get lots of replies on this

Rikk Rogers - RK Lion LTD.
(580)762-3157 rkltd@swbell.net
http://home.swbell.net/rkltd/