Re: [MV] top speed of an M35

From: wwd@netheaven.com
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 07:44:49 PDT

In <list-1306554@skylee.com>, on 09/27/01
   at 10:44 AM, "Jim Newton" <jnewton@laurel.com> said:

>Hi Rikk...

>>You would not need to do this if you bypassed the governor, but if you did
>>that it would over-rev the motor.
>>Hmmmmm..... there's a connection made, huh.

>I did remove the "governor" and did not notice that much improvement in
>towing capacity uphill, which is what I was really hoping for.

>You won't over-rev your engine if you watch the tach...I never let it go
>above the danger area EVER.

>Propane would not over-rev the engine either...it produces more
>horsepower and torque at any given RPM...it doesn't increase the RPMs.

It is a 'multi-fuel' engine. You are just adding another fuel (propane).
The beauty part is just how simple this is in theory- just feed into the
air intake. Parts off a forklift would be ready-made (?) like the 2
regulators which are run in series (on my Clark flathead four). Plus
someone mentioned that the propane is actually beneficial to the diesel
engine. Probably better to inject just past the turbo unit. <guess>

A manual choke might be a good idea on any modified diesel engine, to stop
a runaway if injector pump fails.

Bill

--
wwd@netheaven.com       Be Green - Be Prepared