Re: [MV] Top speed of M-???

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 17:18:36 PDT

SHHHHHEEEEEETTTTTTT...... ya'll wanna talk about speed in an M
series.....nobody's gonna beat that 5 ton down at White Sands in the 60's.
Seems they was doing qualification tests on the Honest John system and with
the rocket in transport mode and locked down on the launcher, they lit off
the rocket motor just to see what would happen....range sucked, and they
never did anything about the front end shimmy at 143 mph, but the 0 to 60
time was not something seen until they put rockets in drag cars...only got
one run per set of tires....Never did try it with the brakes unlocked....a
damn shame.