some ammuntion

From: Timothy Smith (timothy.smith1@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 22:04:05 PDT

Hi guys and gals,
.
.and especially you WWII HMV owners of vehicles formerly owned by the Dept
of War or Dept. of the Navy. I have been quoting the inception date of the
Department of Defense as 1949. It's a technicality that should concievably
work. And if it gets down to it, I'll hold em off with an lawsuit until I
can get it reviewed by a court. I'd bet they can't prove that my Scout Car
was owned by the DoD especially since the DoD didn't exist until 1949!

"The Dept. of Defense was created by the National Security Act of 1947 by
combining the Depts. of War and Navy and was called the National Military
Establishment; it became the Dept. of Defense when the act was amended
(1949)." etc etc etc

See

 www.encyclopedia.com/printable/03521.html

if you are interested.

And unless I've been mis-informed, section 921 only authorizes
demilitarization of significant military equipment formerly OWNED BY THE
DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE!

I'd say it's a good case. Any comments?

TJ