De-Mil'ing

From: J. Forster (jfor@onemain.com)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2001 - 23:20:48 PDT

I neither now own, never have owned, nor ever will own a military vehicle. I do
find them interestin to look at. That said, the whole proposed regulation seems
quite silly.

Ask the legislators how much damage an old truck or tank could do, compared to a
tank truck full of gasoline, chlorine, or some other noxious chemical.. Those
are far more common and dangerous and drive around all over the place every day,
unnoticed, unlike MVs. Either tanker could be hijacked at least as easily as an
airplane and used as a weapon. Maybe we should put federal marshals at every
truck stop.

The problem should be addressed in a meaningful, not cosmetic, manner.

-J