Re: [MV] AM Genral title for MUTT

From: Ron (rojoha@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Sep 28 2001 - 05:41:53 PDT

Hi Gene and all:

    Not trying to throw gas on fire,Gene, but what is the photo supposed to
prove?
    The blue Texas title has a date of (what looks like) 4/23/89 for a 1979
M151A2 MUTT. Mileage of 000017 can be attributed to new speedo installed.
Does the owner claim he went to court and won the case, then got a couple of
brand new 1979 units and then did nothing with them until 1989 in regards to
certifying ownership.
    The red paper work does not say "Certificate of Origin", which I believe
was required in 1979 by law of all manufacturers of motor vehicles, and the
only visible date on it is 'MARCH 98'. This makes no sense, since the TX
title says 1989 for an issue date?
    Does the owner have anything that says "C of I" from AM General or a
State Title from anywhere that has a 1979 issue date with mileage in the 10
to 20 mile range. That type of documentation would lock it down for certain.
Otherwise, it could be just a series of purchased title paperwork from the
old mills in New Hampshire or else where.
    Again, not questioning your voracity, just curious if the claims can
documented beyond a reasonable doubt that would prove the rarity of the
vehicle. So far it's still circumstantial.
    Ron