Re: [MV] demill bill trucks

From: islander (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 20:47:16 PDT

Hi Ken,

>whatever interpretation or speculation may be offered by Listers.........
>the safest way is to fight this legislation at every stage.

True.

>It is all SPECULATION. Nothing wrong in that, as long as it does not detract
>from the need for EVERYONE who owns an HMV to campaign vigorously against
>the Bill.

Also true. In addition to trying to really READ what this is all about,
instead of assuming they WILL come after my pair of surplus GI Socks if
this legislation passes, I have contacted my two Sentators. One of which
is a ranking Republican the Senate Armed Services Committee (Susan
Collins). I gave her two calls ;-)

>And how many of these pundits have the wherewithall to fund a case against
>the US Government?

I am sure that IF this goes through AND the DoD tries to do something
stupid against our stuff, there will be a lot of organizations that will
come out to fight the government in courts. Remember, this legislation
in theory coveres firearms. Do you really think the NRA is just going
sit by? This is an organization that fights EVERYTHING, even sensible
legislation, tooth and nail.

>Listen to the speculation, by all means, but don't be distracted from
>fighting this Bill tooth and nail. Defeating the Bill will mean that
>everyone can relax again, if only for another year.

Amen to that :-) At least it would appear that the battle is 1/2 won,
seeing as the House's version looks to be lacking the offending language.

Steve