Re: [MV] looking for MV

From: Colin Stevens (colin@pacdat.net)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 04:00:02 PDT

Ah well, Canada is a huge country! Shipping a vehicle from one side of the
country to the other has been done BUT I suggest that you look in your own
area first. There are usually more ex-military vehicles than collectors
(especially in Ian Newby's case here in BC as he has well over 100 MVs and
several cannons - you've seen them on "X-Files", "Dark Angel", "Stargate"
etc. and will see them in "Taken" etc.) but the rarest, best and most in
demand vehicles usually go quickly.

Have a look at the Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society's web
site for British Columbia. There are links on it to some of the other clubs
in Canada. There are even some vehicles listed for sale. Not yet listed are
some M43CDN Ambulances that are for sale in the Vancouver, BC area.
www.westerncommand.com

Also have a look at the Military Vehicle Preservation Association (MVPA) web
site which covers all of North America and much of the world. www.mvpa.com

Maple Leaf Up forum at http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/8624 (NO connection
between that web site and the MUCH OLDER Western Command newsletter Maple
Leaf Up - other than a common source of the name from WWII. Maple Leaf Up
was the name for the route leading up to the Canadian battle front in North
West Europe.)

Colin Macgregor Stevens
seaforth72@hotmail.com
or
colin@pacdat.net
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
Editor: "Maple Leaf Up!" newsletter & Webmaster
of Western Command Military Vehicle Historical Society
(Established 1977) http://www.westerncommand.com
Pitt Meadows (East of Vancouver but not beyond Hope)
British Columbia, CANADA
Owner of:
1944 Willys MB jeep (ex-Norway)
http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net/colin_stevens'_1944_willys_mb_photos.htm