Repower of M114A1 C&R carrier

From: Jason (bmg1917a@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Oct 30 2001 - 16:28:34 PST

Has anyone tried to stick a 6.2 Diesel in an M114? It should fit being that
it originally was the same block as the 283 V-8, 305 and 350 CID. The
transmission should mount right up and everything would fit into place.
Would there be any improvement due to torque? I bet the sould would be
really neat. Please let me know your thoughts. I'm considering doing this
to mine as an experiment. Plus, diesel is cheaper to run in my area. (farm
fuel, hint hint)

Jason
Marietta, Ga.