A chuckle for you folks over in the U.K.

From: William R. Benson (Benson@eqe.com)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 13:07:48 PDT

Listers,

I was looking through the bulletin board set up by the Boston Globe under the
query:

"What is the most patriotic act you've seen thus far?"

Of course there were pages upon pages of honest and heartwarming accounts,
including a remark of how Her Majesty shed a tear for her American cousins (not
patriotic, but quite decent of her, Thank-ee Mum!) and then I find this one:

"Two things. North Attleboro's downtown has flags from one end to the other.
The second is from our friends in England.
Playing "My Country 'Tis of Thee" for the changing of the guards was very
moving. "

I damn near died laughing. Somebody needs to tell the fellow that they play "My
Country Tis of Thee" at every changing of the guard, only the British have a
different title and words for it, something like "God Save the Queen", (and it
happens to be their National Anthem.)

Once again I'd like to thank our comrades over in the U.K. for their
consideration in playing "The Star Spangled Banner" during the Changing of the
Guard.

(MV-content)
One wonders what the lads in the SAS are driving these days...

Cheers!

Bill B.