New tires for 1009

From: Stu Ellis (stuellis@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Oct 02 2001 - 16:52:09 PDT

Hi again all!
I want to replace the junky military orig. military tires with better ones
for bad weather here in NH. I am thinking about Firestone wilderness A/T
III's or Cooper Discovery A/T's. Anyone have experience with either?
Consumer Reports rates the Firestone over the Coopers, because the Coopers
have a much longer dry stopping rating, but the Coopers are better at
everything else.
Any pro's or cons? (yes, I know the Firestones were part of the recall.)
Stu Ellis