Pace desoldering update

From: Michael Howell (michael@tsixroads.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 22:13:56 PDT

I guess my last message didn't include enough information. I had
already surfed the net for several hours before I posted my message.
 The Pace website only caries current models as does the distributors I
checked. I emailed Pace with the number on the back and got the
following reply today:

I am sorry to tell you that the PPS 101 (PRC151) is obsolete
and we do not support it, it has been replaced by the PRC 2000. However,
the original handpieces it came with are the SX25 and IR25 I do still have
tips for these if you would reply and give me your fax number I would be
happy to fax you some tip references for them.

I did get them to send a partial manual by fax so now I know a good bit
more about this unit. After looking at the 1990 prices, I am not sure I
want to find a OEM dealer that has them anyway. HOWEVER, this is
genuine US Military surplus, NSN 3439 01 109 8590. As with everything
Uncle Sam buys, there has to be cases and cases of NOS spare parts for
this unit as well as a TM for it. EMS has a TM9 6695-262-34P for a PRC
150A but no operators manual.

Thanks to all who answered my last post.

Mike
Tishomingo, MS